“Submerged. The waves roll above me. They are guardians of this hidden world and they have granted me passage. I watch in awe as the undercurrent shifts the sand, a dancer spinning with its partner. They sway together briefly in a rhythm beyond human comprehension, and gently release each other. In their wake they leave new patterns; some bold, some subtle, but all beautiful. A crab scuttles away. The show has ended and it must return to its labour, or perhaps my presence has disturbed him? However, it has nothing to fear, for I am immersed and I am at peace.
But peace is a fleeting thing. I return to the surface and leave the crab to its duties. I draw deep breaths and taste the salt in the air. The sound of my breath fades into waves as they crash on the shore. My ears focus on the bay’s booming symphony, its voice. I am a strong swimmer, but now is not the time for swimming. I will float. As the waves move me I am reminded of the ebb and flow of the natural world, its diversity, its immense beauty and its fragile balance. This balance is emphasised as I feel the rough sand on my back. The waves have carried me to the shore, and I must return to my duties.
These moments, these chance encounters, this rare understanding of the coastal wildlife. These are the things I endeavour to replicate. In transposing their nature into sculpture, I wish to channel my memories and love of the coast,its hidden worlds and its inhabitants. Through this channelling I aim to inspire in others the same contemplation, the same understanding, the same will to preserve and assist. I aim to assure that our futures are not void of these worlds and their life. I want you to hear the booming symphony of the coast while sitting in traffic. I want to immerse you in nature while you stand surrounded by walls. “
Special offer on Bronze Sculpture by Jeffrey Ruiz-Harries
For a limited time only 10% off the listed price of
each Bronze sculpture.
- Order a Lobster, Octopus or Spider crab in either a waxed bronze finish, or colour Patina.
- The sculpture will then be made for you to order in whatever finish you choose and you will receive updates from Jeff while it is being cast and finished.
- These are all only editions of 10 so a limited number available and due to the process each will have a unique finish.
- 6-8 weeks to wait for sculpture with free delivery if needed.
- Interest free payment also available on the purchase of these sculptures, pay a 10% deposit and rest over 10 months.
Click on images for full details: